I trust you had a wonderful time with your friends and family celebrating the birth of our Savior! Our friends in Uganda have just completed an entire month of celebration, and it culminates tonight with an all night prayer service leading into the new year. Here are a few highlights from the season:
1. Dec 8th…Speech Day. This is a celebration of the end of the school year where our children demonstrate their academic and artistic achievements. Our amazing team fed 800 children, parents, and members of the community who attended this event! Wow!
2. Dec. 15th…Community Christmas Celebration. This special service was an outreach to the community with worship, activities, special performances, games and a big meal for all. What a feat for our team to feed over 1000 people who attended the celebration!
3. Dec 16th…Gifts for our V127 children. The next day our children returned to the church to receive individualized Christmas gifts from you, their sponsors. We provided the funding, and our team on the ground purchased the gifts. They received backpacks, shoes, dresses, toys, underwear, blankets, treats, etc. It was a sweet day of celebration for our children!
4. Dec 24th…Gifts of food for the community. On Christmas Eve, the members of the church were asked to bring their friends and neighbors who would not have food for Christmas dinner to the church. There, they were presented the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then gifts of 2 lbs of beef and 2 lbs of rice for each family. 435 families went home that day with the truth of God’s love for them and food to feed their families on Christmas Day!
5. Dec 24th…Outreach to the Police officers. The policemen in Uganda are under appreciated and under paid, and for the last few years our team has reached out to show them the love of Christ through gifts of food. This year, 50 police officers received gifts of 4 lbs of beef, 4 lbs of rice & 6 sodas. And 30 senior officers received the gift of a live chicken!
6. Dec 28th…The final celebration of the season was an all day marriage seminar. The church was packed with couples committing themselves to Christ and to each other, as they celebrated the sanctity of the marriage covenant. Our hard working team also fed lunch to all of those in attendance.
This was all possible because of your love and prayers and generosity. Thank you for giving sacrificially and for supporting our Ugandan Christmas project. God continually amazes me with the way He multiplies our gifts. I think of the young boy with the five loaves and two fishes and how God fed the multitudes with just that small offering. It certainly feels like He is doing the same for us!
Please continue to pray for God’s provision as we are hoping to complete the second floor of Victory Primary School before the new school year begins in just a few weeks. Right now we are only about $2500 away from our goal! Incredible!
Finally, we just received a new group of 4 children, and we have 3 other children who need new sponsors. Pray that God will prompt the hearts of the ones He wants to invest in these precious lives. God is so faithful.
This is one of our newest, little Miracle Mukisa.
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.” Ephesians 1:17-19a