“Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth! Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!”
Psalm 96:1-3 ESV
I’m so excited to share with you that we have a team of six traveling to Uganda from February 19 through March 1st. Our departure is only about 1 month away! This will be our first trip into the country since October of 2019. We cannot wait to see all the amazing things that God has done in the past 3+ years, and we’re so looking forward to meeting with and encouraging our hard working team in Kampala.
Our primary goals for the trip are:
- Hug and encourage as many of our V127 kids as possible!
- Spend time with our team “in the trenches” to brainstorm and discuss opportunities to improve and expand the ministry and it’s impact on the lives of so many.
- Visit local families in their homes to deliver our rice and beans donations ourselves and deepen our connection with the community.
- Visit as many of the schools as we can, to speak to the administrators and love on our kids at each school.
- Spend time in our dormitories and review the ongoing construction of our Victory Primary School.
- Bless our friends with much-needed supplies.
- Share the love of Jesus with anyone and everyone that He puts in our path.
We Need Your Help
You are all integral to the success of this journey. What do we need from you?
- Pray, pray, pray. Pray for wisdom and safety and health and peace in every detail of the trip.
- Write a letter for your child. We saw on past trips just how excited our kids were to hear from you. It will be so special to hand deliver your letter! You can give me your letter in person if you are local, or if you are not, you can mail it to Jan Crouthamel at 732 Covered Bridge Drive, Madison VA 22727. You can also email it to me and we will print it to bring with us!
- Send a photo of you to include in the letter. Just one photo… Email it to me and we will print it and include it with your letter. This is a rare opportunity to give them an actual photograph, not a picture printed on paper. We need your letter and photo by Feb 12th! This will give us time to put them in bright colored envelopes, make sure we have one for each child, and pack them with our supplies.
- We will be purchasing and collecting a lot of supplies before we go (including laptops for some of our higher education students), and then hoping to meet some immediate needs while we are there; so if you would like to help us with expenses for the trip, you can do so by donating to the General Fund. Just put “Uganda trip” in the message box. Thank you, thank you for all of your help!
Thank you most of all, for being our prayer warriors for this trip. God has brought together Kris, Carol, Chris, Jay, Tom, & Jan for his specific purposes and we are trusting him every step of the way.
Finally, we have been receiving some sweet letters from our children recently. Here are a few excerpts, just to highlight the profound impact your letters have!
- “Thanks a lot for my letter. It’s really so good, I can not stop reading it. Thank you a lot for always praying for me. My health is good and I have not been sick this term. How is it that side? I miss you so much and I always pray for you every day before I go to bed and when I wake up.” Abdul
- “Thank you for the gift you sent for me. I am very thankful that of all the people, you chose me and only that keeps a smile on my face each and every time. I am very happy because you have managed to send a reply to me, and that shows me that you are with me in each and every kind of situation.” Caleb
- “You gave me courage to stand when I was hopeless and futureless, when people rejected me you accepted me to be a part of your life. I promise you to love Jesus as you love him and to study until I become that someone you dreamt of me to be.” Caroline
- “Sometimes in my free time, I sit down and get all the letters you have written to me ever since we met. They really do very well and edify me in terms of my spiritual life and my education life” Hawa
- “Hearing from you boost and raises my happiness and strength in everything I do, knowing that there is someone who is really proud of me and takes his or her time to think, and write to me. How lucky I am!” Jovia Nicoletur
Thank you for your prayers, your letter, your photo, and your faithful support. As we head out on this mission, we take all of you with us!